Thursday, October 7, 2010

My happy chair!

Yeah, that's right! I'm happy! You wanna know why? I got a chair!!! I know, I sound like an idiot, but it really is exciting for me! I've been searching for months for the perfect chair for photoshoots. I've visited every antique, junk and consignment store 'lil ole Fayetteville has to offer and today I found one! There is this ginormous flea market down by the mall, I had been meaning to visit it, but never got around to it. I went today, and it was closed (bummer!) That's when I noticed this little place right beside it, a little consignment and (fist pump!) furniture store. I walked in (doesn't look very promising)...walk a little further...(dad-gum this stuff is expensive!)...walk a little further...(I don't think I'm supposed to be in here!) then AH-HA! I see it. It sees me. I almost walk into a wall (man they keep their windows clean!) I run over and start jumping up and down! This is it! I've found it. I look at the price tag and my heart drops. $55's? Yeah right! I'm a tight-wad I guess. I walk up front and timidly ask the woman if she would take less for it (yes, I'm one of those people.) 'Wait one moment, please.' So I wait..and wait..and wait! Seriously guy-in-front-of-me? Those freaky little statues you're buying are not going to come back in style, they were never in style....ever. He leaves. The woman smiles at me. We walk back to see the chair. 'Okay, let's see, it's $38's' she says. (Oops, blonde moment on my part! Didn't notice the clearance tag) I'm still kind of iffy though. 'Will you take $30?' I say...'How about 10% off?' she says (Oh wow! A whopping $2's.) Oh well! I guess that's okay! I really want this chair! So I buy it! I get it shoved into the back of my car and drive off with a smile on my face and $36's poorer!

 So to make a short story even longer, here are some pictures. It's faded and dirty (not smelly, just discolored) and I probably paid far to much for it, but I love it so I don't regret making the purchase.
I love how petite it is.

cute little details!

I promise, it isn't at dirty as it looks!

See? It makes me smile!
*sigh!* Vintage happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment